QA Test Engineer Intern
Since 1988, our Decatur-based financial services and technology firm has provided simple, secure and cost-effective electronic payment, data convergence and fraud prevention services for clients around the world. Offering advanced technology and truly personalized service, our consultants act as true partners, delivering customized solutions with integrity and anticipating our merchants’ needs.
A-AAccess is currently seeking a highly motivated and detail oriented QA Test Engineer Intern to perform software testing, design, planning, scripting and execution for a variety of key customer-facing and internal applications.
- Interact with product management, development teams and team members to generate a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives
- Conduct functional and manual testing of new rollouts, bug fixes, existing features and end-user operations
- Create and execute test scripts and cases that will determine optimal system performance
- Document, diagnose, track and escalate technical use cases in a timely and efficient manner
- Submit ideas for the continual improvements of processes and procedures within QA in order to improve quality, reduce risk, and increase efficiency
- Research technology that could improve quality, performance, usefulness and robustness in the system
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering , Web Systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with web services and API testing
- Solid understanding of application programming and database administration and expertise with database tools, including Crystal Reporting, MS SQL Server, and MySQL
- Demonstrated problem-solving and collaborative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, and work well under pressure
Nice To Have:
- Bilingual (preferably Spanish)
- Programming Experience (i.e. PHP)
- Testing of software to hardware interfaces using XML/SOAP
- Development and implementation of test harness tools
- Adaptable in a dynamic, yet iterative, development and quality environment
- Experience with Quality Center Administration responsibilities
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume, a cover letter addressed to Ms. Brady, and salary requirements to email@example.com.